2009/05/08

dude...really?!

So, why is it that guys can really only function by thinking of one thing? So, I was super excited to work out with my Marine friend and we had fun last night at the gym, we ran a couple laps, did some manly bench pressing, and then a fun round of racquetball. Everything is all good with my new work out partner right? NO! He asked me to hang out this weekend and ditsy me thought that is exactly what he meant...Until I got his text today, as follows, in my favorite new website form of textsfromlastnightdotcom

(269) What's up beautiful?

Really!! I still have yet to respond to that text! My name is Emily. You can call me Emily, (insert last name), Em, Emmers or any other variation of my first or last name. We are friends. We will only ever be friends. Why do you have to be like the other 90% of the male population and ruin the good thing we had going by flirting with me? Uuuugggghhhhh! Men!
So, now the question is what do I text back? Gotta text back something...especially since he is a good source to work out with as he is pretty buff since boot camp, but don't wanna hurt his feelings. And I will be seeing him tomorrow at our monthly pool function at the paintball place...hmmm. any suggestions on how to handle this little development?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just be straight up. Don't bring it up, but if he asks you why you didn't text him back or respond, THEN say something. Personally I would say something along the lines of "Well, your text sounded like you were hitting on me and it made me really uncomfortable, so I didn't feel like texting you back. Maybe you got your signals crossed, but I consider you a friend and that's it." Be clear without being a bitch. :)

If he doesn't bring it up, don't say anything, just be your normal self. Either he'll get the hint and be normal back, or he'll be all weirdo in which case it's his problem, not yours.

That's my best advice. :)